Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another Year Older and Still Single

Birthdays, Christmas and Valentine's Day used to depress me somewhat when another would roll around and I was still single. As I celebrate my 54th birthday this week, I'm still single, but I'm OK. I'm blessed. I'm unemployed and in a financial hole, but I'm blessed. I praise God for another year.

Since my birthday is in June, my years are broken up in to 6-month intervals. For me, my birthday is a start of a new year. At Christmastime, that marked the half-way point to another birthday. (I was happy when I could exclaim, "I'm 10 and a half!")

I'm blessed that I'm in relatively good health. Yes, my hands (and now my feet) ache with arthritis. Yes, my asthma kicks in every time I try to exercise. And, yes, my allergies are unbearable sometimes.

I'm blessed that my mom, who's turning 86 this year, is still healthy and sharp as a tack.

I'm blessed that I still have my house and my car.

I'm blessed to have a great church family.

I may not know what tomorrow holds for me, but I do know that I can trust that God won't give me more than I can handle and that He knows what's best for me and He has a plan for me. I've learned to be patient. It's God's timetable not mine.

Once I did that, I stopped worrying. WOW. That's a relief! I always have a worse-comes-to-worse scenario and somehow, that never comes to fruition. Somehow, the bills get paid. Somehow there's food on the table. Somehow, there's gas in the car. Sure, one has to make scarifies when times are tough. First thing that went was the Dish Network. I just couldn't see paying $55/m for 150 channels that I only watched maybe 25 of them. I got my antennas and my digital boxes and I get 25 or so channels FREE.

OK, I do miss the History Channel, but PBS makes up for that. And I still have the Internet. And if there's nothing good on TV, I turn it off and read a book. (For someone that grew up with TV as their babysitter, that's tough).

And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~ Matthew 6: 30-34

So, another year and I'm still single, but I'm not alone. God is with me 24/7.

God is waiting for YOU to acknowledge His presence in your life. Just sincerely pray this prayer and He will!

Dear Jesus,
Come into my heart. I accept you as my Lord and Saviour. I repent of my sins. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

If you received Jesus into your heart, welcome to the family of God! The following will help you deepen your relationship with Christ:
  1. Pray. Just talk to God no matter where you are. He doesn’t care what the words are, just that they are sincere.
  2. Read the Bible everyday to learn about Jesus and how to live that pleases God. Start with 1 John, then the Gospel of John, the Philippians.
  3. An important part of helping your relationship with Christ grow is to tell others about Him. Demonstrate God’s love and be active in telling others about Jesus.
  4. Find a bible-based church and become active getting to know other Christians. Find one with a singles ministry or groups for people your age. Many have groups for different interests. Shop around, but commit yourself to finding one and joining a church family. (Read the Benefits of a Church Family).

Feel free to ask questions. Either comment on the blog or email me.

God Bless,
Giselle <>< deovolente.love1@gmail.com
http://www.giselleaguiar.com/
Phoenix Singles Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment