Thursday, September 17, 2009

Giving in to the Will of God

I haven’t posted anything in a while because I’ve been moving. I’m losing my house where I’ve lived for the past 3.5 years. I got it for $79,000 and it’s now up for short sale at $18,500.

I had to choose between paying for my own health insurance (since I no longer qualified for Medicaid because of the extra $25/week of Unemployment I get from Obama’s stimulus plan). That $200/month had to come from somewhere and that was my forbearance payment on my mortgage.

So I had to fall back to my first “worse-comes-to-worse scenario” from last year when I first lost my job (read Up the Down Escalator)– moving in to my friend’s spare bedroom in her small condo in North Phoenix. It’s tight. Most of my stuff is in storage. But it’s in a better neighborhood with a nice pool and close to the major highways.

On the brighter side, I did land a freelance writing gig at Examiner.com which is a site for local major cities with different topics. I’m in the Religion and Spirituality section writing for singles. For singles in the Greater Phoenix Valley, there are lists of links to local singles groups, things to do, places looking for volunteers and other websites offering advice. Please check it out even if you’re not in Phoenix. The articles apply to singles anywhere. Please pick me as your “favorite Examiner” or “subscribe” and that’ll help get me to the top of the list. Right now, the top “Examiner” in Phoenix is the UFO one. There’s something wrong with that.

I’m still in need of a permanent job as are many others out there. But with God’s help and the support of my Church Family (read Benefits of a Church Family), I can overcome anything that life throws at me.

I put my life in God’s hands and trust that He knows what’s best for me. I let him guide and lead me.

“I still have a rock to hold to if the bottom drops. Out here on my own, I won’t be alone. I’ll be believing.” (From “I’ll Be Believing” by Point of Grace - “24” CD ).

Consider it pure joy, my [friends], whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
~ James 1:2-4

If you want to get closer to God and find out what His Will for your life is, start here at this site.

God Bless,

Giselle
deovolente.love1@gmail.com
www.giselleaguiar.com
Phoenix Singles Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment